One of Two Girls Dies After Drinking Lighter Fluid From Water Bottle
No charges have been filed after One of two children who drank lighter fluid from an unmarked water bottle died.
Dickinson police said Kyndal'Rae Eldridge, 5, died at Children's Memorial Hermann Hospital two days later. Kyndal'Rae's 5-year-old cousin was treated and released from Clear Lake Regional Medical Center.
Police said the mother of one of the girls stopped at a gas station on Saturday. The girls found a water bottle and drank from it.
When the mother came out of the gas station, she saw the girls out of the car and gagging, police said. The woman told police that the bottle was left in the car door panel since the Fourth of July.
Police are treating this incident as an accident.