This week, I would like to formally introduce you to my new book, 1001 GardenLine Questions with Randy Lemmon
For the past two weeks, it could be ordered online, but large quantities had yet to be delivered by the printer. Well, I finally have some. So I can now do signings at some upcoming events.
People always want to know about self-publishing and if it's worth it. I have to tell you, with all the strange issues I've had since Jan. 1 getting this book printed, I'm not sure what my answer is just yet. There has been one challenge after another testing our resolve. But, as I note in the new book's introduction, I had so much fun writing it that I've been really anxious to get it into your hands.
The mass printing is still not complete, so the book will not be widely available until late February. By Feb. 20, I'm hoping stock will be at the warehouse and distributed to almost every nursery, garden center and Ace Hardware store that you hear about on my radio program.
In the meantime, I will have enough copies to cover the five events listed below. So, if you want to be one of the first to get an autographed copy, come see me in person and I'll take care of you.
With my personal stash in hand, I am now also able to open up my calendar to schedule some signings in addition to the normal GardenLine events. I have delayed lining up speaking engagements for garden clubs, Aggie Moms Clubs, civic associations and the like, because I wanted to be sure the new book was available for them. So, if you're interested in having me at your group function, I am now booking events through the spring and summer. Just contact me at email@example.com
with "Speaker Request" in the subject line.
By the way, I predict there will be a few cynics who claim this is all about "making money." I can assure you no one is getting rich off this book. That's especially true for this first batch, because they're "print-on-demand" copies ... they're more expensive to produce than those that are mass produced. I went to this back-up plan just to get some copies quickly for the next few weeks.
Here are the occasions where the book will be available in the near term, before the big shipment gets distributed.
Randy Lemmon's GardenLine is heard 6-10 a.m. Saturdays and Sundays,
- Sun., Jan. 30, noon-2 p.m. - The Arbor Gate, 15625 FM 2920, Tomball, 1.5 miles west of Highway 249. This is just a book signing in conjunction with their annual fruit tree sale and not connected to a radio station appearance.
- Tues., Feb. 1, 10 a.m.-noon - St. Ignatius Loyola's Christus Center, 7810 Cypresswood, Spring. This is a speaking engagement for Friends & Neighbors of FM 1960, a local civic group.
- Sat., Feb. 5, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. - Ace Hardware at Waterside Estates, 9825 S. Mason at Grand Parkway, Richmond. This is a KTRH GardenLine appearance sponsored by Nitro Phos, which means lots of station and product giveaways.
- Sat., Feb. 12, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. - Plants For All Season, 6610 Louetta, Spring. Another GardenLine appearance sponsored by Lady Bug Natural, again with lots of giveaways.
- Sat., Feb. 19, 9 a.m.-2 p.m. - The Woodlands Home & Garden Show, The Waterway Marriott. I will stay as long as needed to get the new book in your hands. You can show up before the doors open and while we are broadcasting, or wait until I get off the air. I have every intention of hanging around our broadcast booth until at least 2 p.m.
exclusively on NewsRadio 740 KTRH.
Visit the GardenLine Home Page: http://ktrh.com/pages/gardenline2.html
Visit the GardenLine Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/pages/GardenLine-with-Randy-Lemmon/115129939929?ref=ts