1. Brain AND nervous system damage. Everyone knows alcohol kills brain cells. But it also affects the REST of your nervous system. Along with the anxiety and psychological problems, alcohol abuse can take away your motor skills.
2. Diabetes. Alcohol hurts the pancreas as well as the liver. The pancreas creates insulin, so you can develop diabetes from drinking too much. And if you ALREADY have diabetes, drinking is WORSE, because the liver is where you store glucose.
3. Erectile dysfunction. When it comes to the bedroom, alcohol is a HUGE double-edged sword. It puts you in the mood, but it's also the leading cause of impotence, because of how it depresses your nervous system.
4. Pancreatitis. Heavy long-term drinking causes about 80% of chronic pancreatitis cases. This gives you digestive problems and can cause intense chronic pain.
5. Cirrhosis and liver disease. This is the obvious one. It takes a lot, but maybe not as much as you might think. About three drinks a day over a period of several years.